HB9HFN, CQ WPX CW 1996, single op, single band, non-assisted,high power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: HB9HFN, CQ WPX CW 1996, single op, single band, non-assisted,high power
From: cedric.baechler@com.mcnet.ch (Cedric Baechler HB9HFN)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 18:20:40 +0200
                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : HB9HFN
         Operator : HB9HFN

         Category : Mono Operator, Single Band, Non-assisted, High power

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   40CW      974         971       2738      434

 Totals      974         971       2738      434

    Final Score = 1188292 points.

Transceiver:    FT1000

Antenna:        Vertical All-Bands AP-8A, Cushcraft

Log:            TR v5.63, portable PC.

Power:          1kW until I blew up a capacity of the 40m trap during a heavy
                rain shower and had to reduce the power between 200w and 500w
                in function of the weather...hi!

Propagation:    Poor. No west coast stations worked, only a few JA's, 1 VK, no
                ZL.

Highlights:     9M2TO, C31RM answered to my CQ.

73, Cedric HB9FHN