[3830] AA3JU 10mtr SO/HP/MIX

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AA3JU 10mtr SO/HP/MIX
From: george@epix.net (George C. Cook)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:03:42 -0500
                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: AA3JU                    Country:  United States
                                     Category: Single Operator

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       331     1356       43       19
      SSB      615     1230       50       31

      Totals   946     2586       93       50  =   369,798

Equipment Description: Icom 761, Henry 2K Classic-X, 2 el Quad, Antron 99
Audio by Heil, Logging by CT

Soap Box: Conditions were certainly a lot better this year than last.  Lots
of
fun working meteor scatter and sporadic E into forth call district Saturday
night.
I really wish that there was some way to motivate more /T and /N stations to
participate in the contest as I worked only a handfull.

Was forced to go to a party on Saturday and have a good time.  The Kim Chee
Ran out
early so at 7:15pm I was running out the door to the local Korean
Resturaunt for
a decent meal of Yu ke Jang and other delectibles that don't really
translate well into
English.

Oh an nice try to the fellows that kept stopping bye my run freq. signing
"P5" calls!

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated every last second
that I was
allowed to by my wife.  I still have most of my Christmas shopping to do.
All of
my neighbors hate me cause I rip up there tosters and electric blankets
badly when
I am on 10 meters.

George C. Cook
*George Cook.....AA3JU.....AKA "The Ratman" *
*george@epix.net.....AA3JU@W3PYF            *
*http://www.epix.net/~george                *
*Proudly Frankford Radio Club.........      *
*.......Proficiency Through Competiton.     *
*"Not just words but a way of life"         *