[3830] CQWW CW W7GG SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7GG SOAB HP
From: ai7b@teleport.com (ai7b@teleport.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:56:50 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: W7GG
Operator(s): W7GG
Station: W7GG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:     67      9     10
   80:    116     20     20
   40:    511     74     29
   20:    536     25     71
   15:    693     34     82
   10:    470     27     64
-------------------------------
Total:   2392    330    144  =  3,208,032

Club/Team: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Quite a let down from WW SSB weekend.  Acheived none of my pre-test goals in
this one. 400 Q's in first 3 hours got my hopes up but the propagation Gods
crapped on the NW again after the early Asian runs on 10 and 15M!

High bands loaded with Aurora to the North.  Except for big EU sigs the polar
path pretty dismal from Oregon. Hi-lite was LP on 80M Sunday AM.  Logged A61,
A45, A92,4X4, HZ1, 4N1 and UA6 etc.  New wire yagi seems to work!  Better luck
next year I gess?

Pet peeve.....packet spot driven ops clobbering DX stn Qrgs without listening
and DX ops NOT signing their calls enuf ..... probably driven by the packet
spoting nets GIVING the callers the DX call sign with the rest of us left to
dig it thru their frigging QRM!My hat is off to HC8N and a few others for
giving their calls nearly every Q and they post huge scores to boot so it can
be done rite and not be penazlized by a low score!!