[3830] NAQP RTTY W5NN(@K5NZ) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5nz@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W5NN(@K5NZ) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:50:42 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W5NN
Operator(s): NT5TU,K5GA,K5NZ
Station: K5NZ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   51    24
   40:  162    43
   20:  223    50
   15:  119    40
   10:   63    25
-------------------
Total:  618   182  Total Score = 112,476

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

What fun!  NT5TU has been bugging me to fix things up so we could do a multi in
RTTY.  So I told him build an interface and install a sound card for WL and we
would do it.  I run a old Kam Plus for RTTY on STN 1 and man does the MMTTY blow
it away!  Next time we will have this on the other station too!  We all had a
learning curve to get over but I can see how this could be fun.  We spent way
too much time on 10m hoping someone would see the band was opened to W9,W2,W1,W4
when we should have been on 20 cranking out the Q's.  At about 0200 we started
seeing lighting flashes and I told Dennis not to worry, but at about 0419 we had
a hit right here at the station that scared the *%$# out of both of us!  We
looked at each other and I said ok, lets disconnect!  Didn?t look like it would
pass so that was it for us.  Couldn?t hear anything over the static crashes
anyway.  Thanks to all that QSY?ed for us and congrats to the other multi?s for
a great job.

nz