[3830] SS SSB N4YQ Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmitchell3221@charter.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4YQ Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:20:10 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4YQ
Operator(s): N4YQ
Station: N4YQ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:
   80:   84
   40:   44
   20:   55
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Operated from a tent on a remote high spot, very near the highest spot in the
state of Alabama.  Lucked out with the sling shot twice and got two resonant
dipoles on 40 and 80 up at 90+ feet off the ground.  Used a tuner for 20M on
the 40m dipole. I've been wanting to operate a contest like this since I bought
the FT-817 five years ago.  The little rig did great with all the big signals,
ran the attenuator the whole time.  Was 35 degrees over night, catalytic heater
kept tent at 50 to 55 degrees.  Learned enough to double the score next year,
had enough fun to motivate me to do it.  Thanks to everybody that hung in there
to dig me out of the noise!! (especially on 40!!)