[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:40:40 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 1

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:   6      4
   40:  15     11
   20:  19     12
-------------------
Total:  40     27  Total Score = 1,080

Club:

Comments:

QRN on 80 and 160 was amazing this evening .. a solid wall on the scope. 20 was
finally open and going great until the XYL fired up the vacuum cleaner in the
guest room next to the shack (we were expecting overnight company later in the
evening). Can't remember who I was working at the time, but just couldn't copy.
"PLEASE STOP" didn't work because she couldn't hear me over the noise. I spied
the vacuum cleaner cord plugged into the hall outlet right outside my door, so
I pulled the plug.  Silence (for a moment) then lots of QRLorna!  My analogy of
"it's like if you were bird-watching a rare bird and I showed up under the tree
playing cymbals" didn't go over real well either. I ended up finishing the
vacuuming as you'd probably guess, but all is well and I hope to live to
contest another day!

Stayed on 20 longer than usual, then had a decent run on 40 before tackling the
wall of noise. The wall won. Could hear a few dits in there but that was about
it. Shortly after NS finished, the storms moved in and dumped lots more rain
that we don't need right now accompanied by dish-rattling thunder. Lots of
branches down, too, but all ham components stayed OK. Power was out in Hesston
all night.

Hope next week is a bit quieter weather and vacuum cleaner-wise, but enjoyed
the fun as always!

73, Bob, w0bh