[3830] ARRLDX SSB OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1ri@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:44:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK5R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:   6      6
   40:  25     18
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     24  Total Score = 1,512

Club:

Comments:

It was obvious that the CONDX is going to SUCK + we had our friendly EMMA wind
coming so....
I started on 40 and I made some 25 QSOs in about 30 min. but everything was
really weak with tremendous static from snowing and very high winds. The static
was even on My 4x345 m phased beverages. So I tried for 80m made a couple of
contacts and finally someone after I asked how is my signal told me that I am
"pretty" strong and a lot of people calling but I heard only the static. So i
tried to listen on 160m and the only US station I could hear there was K3LR
exactly on the noise calling CQ with no one replying. ( I did not tried to call
him and as I see he did not made the OK as a multiplier there - I should have
gave them a call - sorry guys)! So I said it is not "obligatory" it is not fun
anymore and went to bed with the idea to go 20m single band.
Well, in the morning there was no electricity which came on around 16 GMT for a
few minutes only.  Until Sunday noon when I finally left the station - still
complete black out....
I do believe it could hardly be worse. So that was ARRL SSB 2008.

73 !
Jiri