[3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:27:27 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 23:45

------------
  160:
   80:  283
   40:  171
   20:  143
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

One of the calls is busted, so I'll lose two QSOs for sure.  Final score will be
around 94K.  Better than last serious effort, but not as good as 2002's about
720 and 78 (with paper logs).  I need to figure out why my rates are so low.

Everything worked pretty good except the Operator.  CT-DOS crashed when I tried
to close for my break ... but that was good, because it alerted me that I had
the date set one day early; only had to fix a couple of hundred QSOs.

Most of the interesting multiplier stories have been told already.  During one
run (and mine were all short) I heard an answer whispering up out of the noise:
dahdidah dih dahdahdahdahda... dida...  Dang! I know who that is! "KE0A NR xxx A
K3KU 60 MDC", and NDak is in the bag!  (I sneer at your call history files!!)
Also managed to get thru to VO1HP -- I thought I was being skillfull, but maybe
I was just lucky.  Beat my head in trying to get K7OX, one time trying to dig
him out from under a SDGO I had just worked on the same freq.  Before I got him
clear I raised another EWA on a CQ.  Five(!) Montana's, but not K9RV.  Three
Alaska's, which I often miss.  Sweated NLI 'til K2QMF finally called in.  But
nothing heard from NT, no surprise.

Just talking about it gets me excited enough that maybe I'll work some SS SSB
(Feh!).  Listen for the weak guy