[3830] TnQP W0BH SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W0BH SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 08:43:51 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 7.7
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3      0              3
   80:   32      7             31
   40:  106     23             72
   20:   26      7             26
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  167     37      0     132  Total Score = 76,700

Club:

Comments:

Score includes 8 Qs with K4TCG/m.

I remembered pretty much "non-stop" action from last year, and once again when
conditions were in, the TNQP came through. When they weren't, there was even
time for a short nap!  Both 20 and 40 were good from Kansas at the start for
several hours, then 20 went long and 40 faded in the later afternoon, but I was
always able to hear and work at least some of the mobiles. It's a major help
when mobiles post their route in scheduled order on the web site. From that, I
know a number of counties I missed were just missed because of conditions. It
also helps to key on the mobiles who will be going through counties I still
need.

Overall, I worked 57 unique calls. Between last year and this year, I worked
all the TN counties, so really excellent coverage. I worked more CW this year,
and had less success calling CQ on SSB for some reason. I CQd 160 pretty hard
on CW the last half hour thinking more fixed stations would appreciate the mult
since mults accumulate per band, but got few takers even though the band was
open from Kansas to Colorado as WF7T/4 and I found out after a bit of work.

This year I collected 82/95 counties and missed:

Benton, Cocke, Cumberland, DeKalb, Fayette, Gibson, Hamblen, Hawkins,
Jefferson, Pickett, Polk, Putnam and Warren.

Thanks to the fixed stations and the intrepid mobiles:

24 W4NZ/m
17 N5WR/m
14 N4ZZ/m NY4N/m W1NN/m
11 K4LTA/m K4ZGB/m
8  K4TCG/m (all CW, never heard the SSB mobile)
5  W4OQG/m (also K4BP for the most Qs with a fixed station)
3  KJ4BIX/m W4CZ/m

The Consistently Loudest Mobile Heard in Kansas Award goes hands down to
KJ4BIX/m which proves that 1.5kw does in fact make a difference. Perhaps the
TCG could loan a pair of 200A alternators to each mobile next year! Of the
non-HP mobiles, W1NN/m takes the prize. Thanks TCG for putting on another great
show!

73, Bob, w0bh