[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:31:02 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 17

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   6      6
   80:  15     12
   40:  16     12
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  37     30  Total Score = 1,110

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

For the past six or so months, I have spent quite a bit of time working with my
friend WA6URY (7J1ABD) to get our remote stations working.  We have helped each
other figure out the right settings and have successfully operated each other's
radios remotely.  We have spent quite a bit of time on Skype trying out
different things and working out the bugs. The XYL has jokingly compared our
remote work to young girls playing with dolls.

Well, today I took my doll over to Dan's place in a Tokyo suburb to play and to
operate the NS from his shack using my remote gear.  He sat right next to me
operating his station in CA while I operated my station in OH (over the same
Internet connection).  It was real fun when he called me on 40!  I was able to
thank him on the spot.  He doesn't have antennas for 80 and 160 so he was
through early and listened as I finished up on 80 and 160.

Before the contest start, we tested 20 to see how the band was.  I could hear
him fine, but he couldn't hear even a peep from me.  I have had a lot of
trouble with my antenna on that band, although last week it worked well enough
to make 5-6 contacts.  But I was pretty sure I would not make any money on 20
tonight.  I stayed there for exactly one minute and moved to 40, making my
first contact with Bob in KS at 0231.  40 didn't seem very good in the
beginning but I ended up doing fairly well there.  Probably should have gone to
160 a little earlier.

That about wraps it up for this ladder for me.  I will be in Germany next
Thursday for the last session.  I doubt that there will be a wired Internet
connection in my hotel room, but in any case the contest starts at 3:30 AM
there, so not much chance that I will make it on.  Hopefully I will be back on
from Ohio the following Thursday for the inter-ladder session.

GL to all in the ARRL DX this weekend.  Work on the 10 Meter stack here is not
finished here so I will not be on from 7J1AAI this weekend.

73,  Hal W1NN / 7J1AAI