[3830] FlQP K7IA SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K7IA SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:27:32 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 12:24

   40:   36      4
   20:  179     30
   15:   46     17
   10:
--------------------
Total:  261     51  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 98,556

Club:

Comments:

A most enjoyable event, as always!

Owing to start/stop times in Southwest US, op time on 40m was limited.  A few
FL chaps wanted the NM multiplier on SSB and asked me to QSY from the higher
bands, but 40m just wouldn't haul the water after daybreak.  Maybe next year?

No troubles working FLORIDA, because the 1 x 1 ops were everywhere, both modes.
 I missed a sweep by six counties, including &quot;HAM.&quot;  What gives?  New
mults continued to appear late in the event.

Bravo Zulu to the mobiles!  They were tireless and had unusually strong
signals.  All were excellent CW ops, handling never-ending pileups of ops
wanting new mults.  Many were obviously in motion, considering some QSB and
sudden changes of county designators.  I missed a few new ones from on-the-spot
county changes--hardy har har!  One can only guess the cumulative miles (and
gallons) driven!

Setting aside 10 KHz &quot;mobile only&quot; segments in the Rules was a real
treat, and the mobiles never touched their main tuning knobs as they moved from
county to county.  One could continuously cycle through the logger's bandmap and
stay busy for hours.  Did any mobile ops eat or make pit stops?

Special thanks to the superb skills of the following mobiles: AD8J, K1XX, K4KG,
K4OJ, K5YYA KN4X, N4AO, N4EEB, N4FP, N4GI, NF4A, NO5W, NX4N, W5WMU, and W9ZR.

Many thanks to the FQP organizers and sponsors and to the legions of ops who
turned out and kept the rest of us busy.

7QP  next weekend, and I'll be a County Expedition Single Op from Arizona
again.  See you then!

73, dan k7ia