[AMPS] fil regulators/trips

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] fil regulators/trips
From: Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:20:00 +0100
Rich,

Thanks for the expansion.  My experience with 723s (backed up by a fair
number of engineers who've had similar problems) is that they are very
prone to RF pickup. I knew a guy who could never get the screening good
enough( they are very prone to RF fields, as opposed to conducted
currents) for a 100watt HF rig with an end fed wire. However, the
implementation in our case is immaterial - it's the idea that counts. As
they say, there's more than one way to kill a cat. The other aspect
that makes me a bit dubious about using 723s for a new design is their
age - they could very rapidly disappear  - semiconductor companies have
a habit of killing older products on older processes.

73

Peter G3RZP