[AMPS] Best HF Amplifier Today??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Best HF Amplifier Today??
From: herbr@netcom.com (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:48:52 -0800 (PST)

I am new to this reflector, so I imagine this one has been asked many
times before.  I am interested in hearing what the consensus
is for the best HF amplifier on the market today.

10 years ago, I sold a Henry 3KA, and I have been off HF since.  I am now
building a new HF station, and I am looking closely at the Alpha 87A.  This
amp looks extremly impressive, I would appreciate hearing any
comments about it pro / con, as well as what else might be
considered best in class.

So, you Alpha guys out there, give me the scoop.  And what about the
rest of you?

Thanks.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com