[AMPS] Suppressor Measurements

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Suppressor Measurements
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 98 21:29:35 -0500
Carl and everyone else,

After fixing my GDO this evening (tube failure), I measured the resonance
of my one-turn #18 magnet wire 4-1000A supressor coil.  This is the coil
that works in my amp.  I resonated it with an 1800 pF capacitor.  The
resonance was just a hair below 18 MHz.  Calculating the inductance for
this gives: 43.4 nH.  This value is very much in line with the inductance
that AG6K recommends.

Now, I still ask this of you Carl:  If thin wire can handle the RF
current of a 4-1000A or any other tube for that matter, why do you need
the strapping that you suggest?

Where am I going with all this?  I dunno.  I just wanted to find out what
the inductance was that I was getting and find out why Carl think's that
using #18 wire will give you problems...That's all.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

ps:  Kinda lonley around here w/o the ol' boy isn't it?  :-)

pps: Notice how good Rich and I are w/o him around!  :-)

Jon Ogden
KE9NA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na