[AMPS] Still no 24MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Still no 24MHz
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 98 14:03:31 -0500
>>and placing anything near the sides
>>of the choke greatly changes the resonant frequencies of the choke.
>
>Greatly?  End-coupling the dipmeter above the top of a HV-RFC indicates
>similar resonances to side-coupling.  Of course, a dipmeter should be
>positioned no closer to DUT than is needed for a minimal dip.

Agreed.  Tom seems to think that a dip meter is the most unreliable of
all instruments.  IMHO, I find them quite handy.  When looking to see if
a choke is resonant at a particular frequency, I am not so concerned
about it's impedance (although it is important).  What you do know though
is that at series resonance the impedance is very low.  That's what's
important.

73,

Jon
KE9NA