[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 98 13:00:35 -0500
>>Resistors don't create resonances
>>
>I agree, Gerard.

How can you agree, Rich, when even you admit there is no such thing as a
"non-inductive" resistor?

>  In this case, the suppressor resistor is connected in
>series with an existing resonant circuit -- i.e., the anode-C, the anode
>lead's total L plus the net X of the Tune-C, plus the chassis-L between
>the Tune-C gnd and the grid or screen gnd.  .  For a 3-500Z, typical
>values are 5pF  and c. 300nH.  Typical resonances are 100 - 150 MHz.

Yes, you are correct here.  I think what I hear you saying is that the
inductance of the resistor is small enough that it really doesn't have
that much effect on the overal resonance of the anode circuit.  It causes
a slight shift, but not a huge one as Peter had suggested.  Do I read you
correct?

73,

Jon
KE9NA