[AMPS] Plate Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate Choke
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:03:00 -0800

>I have a plate choke that  has 104 turns on what I believe is a
>porcelain form 1"X 3 1/4" .  I shorted the ends and checked it with my
>grid dipper.  I found two nice dips one at 20.9mhz and another at 27.8.
>Although they are both outside the bands are they too close.

?  True, Pete.  A choke fire would be quite likely on 15m  (&/or Ch. 40)
 unless drastic measures are taken before hand.    It would be a simple
matter to park the choke resonances higher in freq. by discretely
removing turns.  I would remove turns only after the choke was installed
in the amplifier --  checking the resonances with the choke wired to the
anode circuitry and the choke not shorted.

 -  later, Pete

Rich...