[AMPS] L4B Soft-Start SS-400

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L4B Soft-Start SS-400
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:58:42 -0500

On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:42:01 -0500 David Humbertson
<daveh@hereintown.net> writes:

>Hi All,
>I recently installed the Harbach SS-400 soft-start module
>in my L4B and would be interested in hearing from others
>who have done the same. Looks like my tubes may not be
>fully cutoff as I am seeing a bit of plate current and a small
>amount of neg grid current in standby - works fine otherwise.
>My 120 volt line reads 100.3 in SSB with the module in and
>125 with it out. No one else that I know of has experienced
>this.

Sounds like a defective module Dave.  Besides, why bother using one
anyway? The L4B PS has sufficient inrush lag as designed, plate and
filament. If you are using an external heavier duty replacement xfmr then
switching to 1N5408 diodes in the HV will more than enough handle any
inrush. Costs less than a failure prone add-on.

73  Carl  KM1H

.

>--
>73, Dave - W3NP
>Ft. Ashby, WV
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]