[AMPS] Re: swr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: swr
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:58:28 -0400
Thanks to all who took the time to respond.

By some responses, it seems there's some misunderstanding of what I
wrote.

*****
I said:
If the antenna/load impedance (at the far end) in question here doesn't
match the line impedance, then the line will transform the impedance,
and the SWR will vary (as seen at the near end) depending on the cable's
length?
*****

This doesn't say I thought the SWR varied ALONG the cable.  I'll
rephrase: In a system where (at the far end) the load (antenna) and
cable have different impedances, the impedance seen looking into the
near end of the cable will change depending on cable length.  Correct?

Therefore, does that not imply that the SWR at, say, the amp/cable
interface (50 ohm source, changing load), also change depending on the
length of said cable?

73
Mike
n2mg@contesting.com