[AMPS] daf amplifier circuit, on air testing...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] daf amplifier circuit, on air testing...
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 04:51:16 -0700

>Skipp wrote:
>>I'm under the impression one daf circuit actually uses rectified rf
>>for the applied screen potential.
>
>One more time... there has only ever been *ONE* G2DAF circuit. Only one
>was ever published, and a scanned copy is on my web site.
>
>All the others - including Norm's circuits - are NOT G2DAF amps.

?  As I understand it, Norm started off with the G2DAF article and
circuit.  When the distortion proved to be problematic, Norm began
experimenting with the screen circuitry in hopes of reducing distortion
level.  How could you possibly know all of the different screen circuits
that Norm tried to clean up his amplifier?.

>They're
>someone else's ideas. If you don't like those other circuits, name and
>blame someone else.

?   The thing that set Norm's amplifiier apart was rapidly changing
screen-potential, moderate grid-current and moderate distortion.    When
Norm eventually held the screen potential constant and he stopped driving
the grid into the positive region,  distortion was no longer legion.

cheers