[AMPS] daf amplifier circuit, on air testing...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] daf amplifier circuit, on air testing...
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:48:27 -0800
This reminds me of the daf amplifier debate.

Mike
AB5XP

Alan Watts:

There are basically two kinds of philosophy. One's called prickles, the
other's
called goo. And prickly people are precise, rigorous, logical. They like
everything chopped up and clear. Goo people like it vague. For example, in
physics, prickly people believe that the ultimate constituents of matter
are
particles. Goo people believe it's waves. And in philosophy, prickly people

are
logical positivists, and goo people are idealists. And they're always
arguing
with each other, but what they don't realize is neither one can take his
position without the other person. Because you wouldn't know you advocated
prickles unless there was someone advocating goo. You wouldn't know what a
prickle was unless you knew what a goo was. Because life isn't either
prickles
or goo, it's either gooey prickles or prickly goo. They go together like
back
and front, male and female. And that's the answer to philosophy. You see,
I'm
philosopher, and I'm not going to argue very much, because if you don't
argue
with me, I don't know what I think. So if we argue, I say 'Thank you,'
because
owing to the courtesy of your taking a different point of view, I
understand
what I mean. So I can't get rid of you.