SV: [AMPS] Discussions... 3/2 Power law

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Discussions... 3/2 Power law
From: measures@vcnet.com (measures)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:30:00 -0700
>Bra rutet Lars.
>
>Looking through older mails on this reflector and Rich's often strange
>messages in particular,

?  The Yankee sense of humour is a bit strange.  I will happily explain
anything you Wiking guys find strange.

> I am starting to agree with you Lars.
>
>I am sorry I started this DAF-discussion with my simple question on the DAF
>and the supercathode. If I only had known what I put my nose into .......

?  Lars could have warned you off, Hans.

> So fellows, lets stop it now.

?  Not likely.  Amplifer builders need to be aware of intrinsic problems
with the DAF configuration.

> We know now the DAF works very well

?  Agreed 100%, if you define roughly1% distortion (which is 100% legal)
as "works very well".

-
>it has since many years a good reputation on this side of the pound specially
in
>Great Brittain - Norman did not use a DAF and is now out of the discussion -
>Rich sticks to his opinion whatever we say.

?  Rich is 58  years old.  36 years ago, when I was around 22, I realized
what happened to linearity when grid-current flows in a grid-driven
configuration.

>Just for the principle he will
>never give in and  talk about apples when we say pears. Or change subject
>when cornered.

?  You can talk about bananas and kiwi fruit if you like.  .  The core
subects will always be the 3/2-power-rule and grid-current.

happy new year, Hans.
-   BTW, I admire yours and Lars' skill with English, which is easily one
of the nastiest and rottenest languages on the third rock from the Sun.
Fortunately, we can blame it all on the German dudes who rowed across the
Channel and invented English.  .