[AMPS] Re: SB-200 to 6m and Kachina 1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: SB-200 to 6m and Kachina 1
From: n2ckh@cybercomm.net (Steve Hajducek)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:17:23 -0400
At 10:07 PM 1/20/00 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>There is some data on VHF 4cx250 amps at  http://sonic.ucdavis.edu   It
>should be of interest to you.
>
>I'd be curious to know if your Kachina is the cpu radio or the original
>Palomar version like the one I have here?
>
>After your conversion, I'd like to buy your (or anyone else's) spare
>SB-200 parts. I've got one here that arrived in poor shape.
>
>cheers
>skipp
>nospam4me@juno.com

Hello Skip,

I have seen the articles at that website already, thank you.

My Kachina 1 is the 10/6 meter version made in the mid 70's
that Kachina did sell the rights for to the old Palomar company
when they got a big commercial contract and did not have the
resources to persue their entry in the amateur market. It was
a real shame though, as for the era, the radio did have an
awful lot going for it. Like other manufacturers of the time, they
designed the radio for easy conversion to the CB band, thus
the purchase by Palomar, however they never went into production
with it as they wnet out of business. I have photos and information
on it at my web site and will soon be posting scans of orignal sales
literiture and documentation. My understanding is that only about
100 units were made and shipped. I have serial number 013 and my
friend had serial number 014 by the way.

The parts coming out of my SB-200 are already spoken for, sorry.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH

http://www.qsl.net/n2ckh