[AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 09:26:58 -0500
Subject: Re: [AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."

Someone plaese translate above for me!

> The TL-922 uses 0.01uF disc ceramic RF bypass caps across the hv ps
>electrolytics.  The 110vdc ps filter capacitor has no RF bypass.  Operate
>much on 160m and it will eventually go kaput with a bang.  .  The fix is
>to replace the +110v ps filter C and add some C to the factory-stock.
>2000pF  hv bypass.  (2000pF is only c. 44 ohms of Xc on 160m.)  In my
>opinion, 10 - 20 ohms of Xc is adequate for most anode-supply bypass
>applications.

My "standard fix" to amps that cover 160 meters is to add 2 Cera-mite
4700 pf @ 10kv disk ceramic caps in parallel with whatever is already
at the base of the plate choke. I obtained a large bag of these caps
years ago, and they seem to do the trick. In "amps with handles," you may
want to use four to share the RFcurrent.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

later, Steve

end