[AMPS] Fertility

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Fertility
From: tony@uch.net (CT HRD)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:45:15 +0200
It is surely unofficial but some time ago we used to discuss that among most
active hams locally who run 100 W - 5 KW.

Somehow all the kids born when the guys were into hobby were girls, and as
soon as any of them would go QRT for a while there were boys :-))

Now the official part. A neighbour complained on the local ham (the ham has
been running GU-74B (4CX800A) in his amplifier, about 800 W. The medical
commission altogether with the representatives from the local FCC came to
his shack one day and checked his equipment and the amplifier. Just for fun
they tested the radiation from the neighbours TV. The test showed that the
radiation from his Japanese TV was a lot more significant copmared to the
ham's station.

And, finally. I do recall that situation that I was told by the US ham. He
had a neighbour who would plant fruit trees nearby. The neighbour did not
like the ham and his towers. So, the relation was spoilt. But one day the
neighbour read the article in one of his "plant" magazines that low
frequency radiation help the trees to grow well and brings fruits. In a
short while the neighbour and the ham became friends.

And, probably very finally. The frequences up to 30 MHz are not harmul...

Regards, Anton Koval, UT7CT

CT Ham Radio Devices (CT HRD)
Fine Range of Hand Keys & paddles
Collectable Stuff. Svetlana & Other