[AMPS] Fertility

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Fertility
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:42:51 +1300
I know nothing about the effects of non-ionising radiation on fertility...
Save that spermatogenisis is retarded if the testes are not below core body
temperature, ergo thermal effects might reduce fertility.
So far as sex differentials in offspring are concerned: It is known that
there is an increase in the rate of male offspring after wars, and that
males in high stress occupations tend to produce daughters.
Hence particular sex differentials in particular environments may be a
consequence of psychosocial factors rather than the influence of the
physical environment.
There is a lot of slack in these data, as recent group studies using DNA
tracing give 25-30% of offspring fathered by someone other than the person
the lady is married to. (See Diamond, J. "The Third Monkey")
I could tell more.
73

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD