[AMPS] runaway amp.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] runaway amp.
From: Paul <apollo_six@btinternet.com> (Paul)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 07:53:59 +0000
My Cantenna does this - it also produces an emf when hot!

Had me baffled for a while, so I took it apart - the voltage is directly
off the load resistor not the dissimilar metals of the clamps and
plating at the ends of the resistors.

Paul

In message <002901c09e00$1da64b40$db3c1ad8@colinlam>, Lamb
<k7fm@teleport.com> writes

>I now recall working on an Alpha 77 that had a similar problem.  Power
>output creeped upward.  After awhile, the amp became very efficient.
>
>It took a bit longer than it should have taken for me to realize that the
>dummy load was heating up and increasing in resistance.  There was no
>increase in power at all - just meter readings.  I then measured the dummy
>load and learned that even cold it was over 55 ohms.
>
>73,  Colin  K7FM
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps

To try and not succeed is better than not to try at all (Anon)