[AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!
From: ko4nrbs@yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:57:23 -0800 (PST)
At a recent garge sale I happen to see an item
(SB-200) painted with familar Heathkit green paint
hidden underneath a pile of old pillow covers.  I
asked the old lady if the amplifer was for sale and
she said it was not an amplifier but an old radio.
Well not wanting to get into an argument with
someone's grandmother I said ok but asked her if it
worked.  She said the last time she listened to it it
worked ok but didn't play as loud as it used to.  She
was a few tubes short of a matched set!!   Well now I
was speechless and suspious I was being messed with.
To make a long story short I asked her what she wanted
for the radio.  Well she said it was old and painted
an ugly color but should be worth 20 to 30 dollars at
least.  I paid her $25.00 for the old radio that
looked remarkably like an old Heathkit SB-200.  Got it
home and couldn't find any obvious problems with the
"amplifier".  I will clean it up and install the
Harbach mods and Mr. Measures' parasistic supressors
before I fire it up.

By the way I flet guilty so I went back over to her
house and gave her another $25.00.  SB-200 total=
$50.00.  I hope it's not a sin to take advantage of an
old woman like this!!
73,
Bill