[AMPS] re: another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re: another myth on EMF
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:44:50 -0000
You have to take levels into account. If you're out in the sun too long, you can
get sunstroke. Same principle with too high a level of RF - probably in Howard's
case, a high voltage field. FCC allow 600v/m for 30minutes at this frequency,
which is, if I remember, just over ten times the UK advised limits.

There's also the factor of what you're doing. I get a headache if I'm on the
phone too long. Or having too much stress, and if the rig isn't working right,
that could be a factor.

I'd still figure on the danger of touching the mains or the HV as being more
likely to be life threatening.

73

Peter G3RZP