[AMPS] another myth on EMF

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] another myth on EMF
From: Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:54:10 -0000
Rich said:

>EUR  Sounds real toasty.

Yup. Reckon that would defrost the frozen chicken pretty quickly.

Having seen what happens when some fool stacks timber between two open wire
(actually 3 inch diameter copper tubes) feeder lines with 500kW at 1.1MHz going
down them, I have a degree of respect for that sort of power. Yes it caught
fire, and yes, the carpenters wanted to charge the replacement cost of the
timber against our job number. They didn't succeed....

Which leads me to avoid wood where there's any RF on it or field in it. Has
anyone ever used the old fashioned open wire line (unmatched) where the spacers
are dowels boiled in paraffin wax? How did it stand up at US power levels?

73

Peter G3RZP