[AMPS] I did a dumb thing!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] I did a dumb thing!
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:25:23 -0500
A couple of weeks ago Tom Rauch told me that in such a case, secondary
voltage would be limited by core saturation. Maybe you only applied 10-20%
overvoltage to it if it limited. But it sounds like it went much higher, if
the lamps were noticeably brighter like that.

Years ago it was common practice to "rejuvenate" old TV picture tubes by
cooking the cathodes at a higher-than-normal voltage. I don't remember how
high, but it actually worked to improve emission.

Jerry W4UK