[Amps] CB amps on e-Bay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CB amps on e-Bay
From: w8ron@stratos.net (Ron)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:08:27 -0400
Like it or not Steve, the lion share of Hams are coming from the CB band as I
told you before.
Their numbers carry significant weight and the ARRL as well as other groups will
depend on their numbers to keep Amateur Radio alive in the presence of the
internet.
I can't tell you how many times I get on a 2 meter repeater and have a fellow
use the CB jargon asking me "My Personal" instead of asking me for my name.
Does that mean that he is wrong , bad , less that the average amateur.
All of us need to be aware of that simple fact and figure a way to mentor  them
in while trying to keep the Hobby fun and interesting.

I suggest you listen in a while and find a few that are close to you and help
them out.
It is obvious that they are untrained but at least they are interested in the
hobby.
Then , when you feel you have been frustrated enough , just listen in on 80 at
night....any evening is fine.
---
Ron