[Amps] Glitch resistors -- replacing RF choke in SB-220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Glitch resistors -- replacing RF choke in SB-220
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 09:37:02 -0400
Thanks all for the valuable comments.  A somewhat related question.  A few
years ago I bought a glitch resistor, from a person no longer on this
reflector, who said I should substitute it for the small RF choke in the +B
line of my SB-220 before the main RF choke.  I did so -- it was a very
convenient fit -- and a few days later lost the meter multiplier resistors
on the Harbach diode board, in a burn-up event that seemed to be related to
something odd occurring at RF on 80 meters.  It was, if I recall correctly,
the first time I'd had the amp on 80 since adding the glitch R.

I thought that perhaps removing the RF choke allowed RF into the metering
circuit in some way, so I put it back in.  Was this a good hypothesis, or???

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower