[Amps] Bird 1000H slug adjustment?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bird 1000H slug adjustment?
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:54:17 -0800
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:51:21 +0000 "Ian White, G3SEK"
<G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk> writes:

> The markings say "5-154-2 M/A", so what type would replace it?

> 73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)

Hi Ian,
  That sounds like a Microwave Associates part number.

  "They" became M/A Com about 25 years ago, were bought by AMP about 10
years ago, which was acquired by TYCO around the turn of the millennium.

  I doubt if that part number has survived the transitions nor that they
would still make such simple parts.

  You might try substituting a 1N5711 or 1N5712 schottky... or an HP
5082-2800.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv WC6W

*