[Amps] mystery amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] mystery amp
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:41:28 -0700
There is a mystery amplifier which I am considering acquiring, for
the parts. It is about the size of an apartment sized refrigerator,
say, 3 feet tall. On wheels. Open the front door and there are two
meters. Also a set of preset buttons for channels. no tuning or
3-1000Z with chimney, HV power supply (epoxyed transformer), ribbon
wound coil with taps going to motor operated ceramic switch, and lots
of doorknob caps of various values. There  is a small door opening
into the circuitry where the preset memories are set up. This unit is
crammed with stuff, and quite nasty to work on due to the lack of
room. But some good parts seem to be there.

There is no nameplate or anything resembling a companies logo or part
number. Anyone recognize this thing? I believe it is good for a kW
SSB, as the metering on it shows go/nogo ranges with red and green
bands, and the HV green band is roughly 2500-3500 V.

73
K5PRO