[Amps] Re: Fw: 4-400A in Grounded Grid

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Fw: 4-400A in Grounded Grid
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:46:48 +0100
Could be but the best amp I ever built was with 3 x 4-400A in GG,
no parasitics no mickey mouse stuff it just runs and runs, could I
have been lucky perhaps.
Has around 4 kV on it and pinns the 1 Amp plate meter, puts
out around 2.5 - 2.7 or so with 200 W drive, sure big difference
compared to my 4-1000A amp which is nothing but head ache,
why oh why was I so stupid that I did build sutch an amplifier.

73 Jim SM2EKM

PS: Remember that I once put 4-250A?s in an SB-220, I just
shorthed out the zener and it worked quite ok.