[Amps] KNOB ORIENTATION

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] KNOB ORIENTATION
From: W0YR at aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 12:18:32 2003
Thanks to all who responded to the inquiry regarding pointer orientation on
an antenna loading capacitor shaft knob.  The answers were about 50/50 in
favor of having the pointer show the highest reading when there is the least
capacitance.

My follow up question is whether it is better to calibrate the scale from 0 -
180 degrees or from 0 - 100, which are just arbitrary marks.  Further, I'd
like to have some suggestions as to knob size and the recommended number of
set screws...and...this is important....whether they should have slotted
screw heads or heads requiring an Allen wrench.

Any help appreciated.

73

W0YR