[Amps] voltage doubler for 3 phase supply?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] voltage doubler for 3 phase supply?
From: DF3KV at aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 03:19:34 2003
In einer eMail vom 15.04.03 08:23:42 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
DL1EJA@yahoo.de:

> I saw a drawing for a 1 phase transformer with 2 diodes and 2 C's to double
> the voltage. One coil was conected between the C's and the other side of the
> coil was connected to the diodes. The diodes were connectet in such a way
> that the positive wave went to the upper C and the negative wave went to the
> lower C. So you can use the formular Us= 810V x sqrt 2 x 2 = 2290V.
>
> Does this methode work with 3 phases in the same way?

Hi Oliver

That will work for you when you use the star-circuit.

About 30 years ago I used linears with sweep-tubes PL519 and a
3-phase transformerless power-supply with possible output voltage
up to 1800V.
This was done by switchable oneway/doubler/tripler rectifier-circuits
for positive and negative voltages.
The total amount of capacitors used were 120 millifarads!
This was a very stiff supply, for instance no load voltage by
using the doubler for +600 and oneway-rectifier for -300 was 930V,
which dropped to 910V only at 10A...

73
Peter