[Amps] Henry 750?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 750?
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:09:05 -0500
One list member asked about a solid state amp, another said get a Henry.  I too
am interested in a solid state amp, am working on building one and have looked
at SGC, Ameritron/Vectronics (aka MFJ),  there seems to be an Italian version
and a Japanese version also,  and the Henry.  E-Ham has multiple posts for
reviews of these.  It looks like a mixed bag positive and negative for these
units...  Anyone on this list with real life experience with the Henry 750 not
the larger 1200 unit?  It would be nice if someone developed a lower voltage
FET for mobile use?  What does the Henry run 4 - 8  2sc2879's?  They are all
pricey, but FCC type accepted.  I am still working on my homebrew with 4 pcs
2sc2879's perhaps this winter will see it to completion, still need to build an
output filter(s), and dynamic bias control.  Plan to put this behind my Radio
Shack 10 meter rig mobile in my '03 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 with super heavy duty
electrical system.  With sunspots going down I guess I should not get too
excited about a 10 meter mobile station, huh?  Maybe can trade up to an all
band mobile rig.
Gene Bigham KB0GU