[Amps] Need 10m mobile amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Need 10m mobile amp
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:52:25 -0700
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but are there any *good* CB amps
out there that one could use for a 10 meter mobile rig?  Yes, I really
am a ham (45 years) but I'm not above putting a CB amp to honest use.
:-)

I have a Uniden 10m rig which is a beautiful performer, but
underpowered at only 25 w PEP output.  Part of the reason I like the
Uniden so much is it has the best noise blanker I've ever seen for
ignition noise, far outperforming my Kenwood TS-690S.

Or, would you recommend homebrewing something?  Would like to get at
least 100w out, more is better.  What does Motorola have available
these days?

All suggestions welcome.

--
Bill, W7TI