Re: [Amps] HV SAFETY QUESTION

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV SAFETY QUESTION
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:30:00 +0000
Folks,

I remember as a boy watching a film on TV in the late 1960s about electrical safety. They used 'SIDE' (the notes in brackets are my interpretations):

S witch off (no live working)
I solate (careful when you have a row of mains power plugs that all look the same!)
D ump (discharge by natural means plus a 'chicken' stick with current limiting resistor)
E arth (leave the chicken stick hooked onto where the dangerous volts are normally to be found)

Has kept me alive to date and long may it do so!

Regards.

Mark.
Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk