Re: [Amps] Note on paralelling transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Note on paralelling transformers
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:05:53 -0500
My last amp project ( 3cpx5000a7 ) required a pretty hefty PS. I used a
couple of the transformers that were pulls from the Henry RF gens running
the 3cx3000a7 tube. On the secondary of each transformer I used full wave HV
diode modules, combining the rectified dc HV from each into a common B+
using only one oil capacitor at 24 mf. Seems to work pretty good.
Bill, aren't the power transformers used in the Henry 2000 and Henry 3000 RF
gens the same? I don't know what the ratings are for them but, judging from
the weight, I believe a single transformer would easly handle 4 KW PEP out.

Larry N5BIP