[Amps] Re: Pi - L net adjustment

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Pi - L net adjustment
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:06:08 -0500
About,

"Hello  All
In the first place many thanks for answers at the RF CHOKE value
question and my regards for this very intresting mailist.
Now l would like know the correct method for the PL NETWORK adjustment
and the details for determine the L2 point of contact.
Sorry for my bad English
Many thanks in advance
73 Luca"      ik5tsw@virgilio.it

Hi again Luca,

Your English is fine. I'm not sure if you have or want a roller inductor
for L2? I have always used a fixed L2 and determined its value from
charts or formulas with good results every time. I can tell you the
values if you know your approximate plate impedance.

As for actually tuning a Pi - L amp, you tune up exactly the same as for
a Pi net. Adjust C1 and C2 for maximum output at full power.

Do you have more details now for us guys?

73,     Roy      K6XK/0      Iowa