Re: [Amps] Line Isolators for RF feedback

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Line Isolators for RF feedback
From: peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:47:31 +0200
Ferrites used in non-transmission line transformers can get quite hot at
high power levels e.g.40kW. I've seen 50 - 600 ohm 40kW xfmrs: they used 2
legs, each with 24 rings stacked. Each ring was 6 inch od, 4 inch id, 3/8
thick, and had a sheet of aluminium as a heat sink between each ring. They
got quite hot, even so, although they weren't pushed far enough around the
BH curve to cause measurable harmonics or intermodulation.

I guess the design principles were basically the same as mains
transformers!

73

Peter SM/G3RZP