Re: [Amps] Line Isolators for RF feedback

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Line Isolators for RF feedback
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
You're right, Rich -- bad wording...  My point was only that even at 1.5-2kW,
the PL-259s or coax
they're soldered to would be first to go.

I'll stick with my bead balun -- it fixed all the RF problems I was having, so
unless it bursts
into flames, I'll keep it!!

And there was a group of us talking about this very subject the other day.  How
would one
determine how much power could be run through a bead balun if I were to build
my own?  (Assuming
enough ferrite to cover about 12 inches of RG-400).

Thanks,
Joe,
N3JI