Re: [Amps] water cooled...

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>, "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] water cooled...
From: "jeryb77" <jeryb77@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:46:35 -0500
I do not remember the exact temperature but have always been told that when
it comes to freeze protection straight antifreeze will actually freeze
before a diluted mixture. Here is some other interesting info >

"Glycol % or Antifreeze % levels should range between 40% and 60% to ensure
proper freeze point protection. A high percentage of glycol can cause
additive drop out and shorten coolant life."

"We recommend that you use between a 50% and 70% concentration of
antifreeze. At least 50% is necessary to give the adequate amount of
corrosion protection, as well as freeze/boilover protection. However, we do
not recommend more than 70% antifreeze. This would cause restriction of the
heat transfer capabilities, corrosion protection, and freeze protection. "

Jerry