Re: [Amps] Air

To: craxd1@ezwv.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Air
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:36:30 -0400
Dear Will,

Running a small machine shop means having compressed air
available.

I use a contractor-type, 1-1/2 HP with a dual reserve tank that
gets me around 125PSI. I use quick-disconnect fittings (female)
on the tanks and (male) on the hose, tank-end and female on the
tool end so I can patch together lengths of hose if I need to fill up
a tire in the next county.

The only drawback is with high flow volume, water develops in the
compressed
air tank and this interferes with the turbines sooner or later, making
them "gummed up,"
and eventually totally NG.

The solution is a drier unit, and they cost more than the compressor.
They sell
oiler units that look like small glass bottles and these help, except
when the
compressed air is used for painting  and then it needs to be dry all over
again.

The air brush is the best tool. After a big woodworking job or a nasty
metal job there's chips and sawdust in places the broom won't reach and
I use the nozzle to blow it all out into the driveway.

Hal