[Amps] Alpha 86

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 86
From: "Don Knight" <n4dek@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 15:44:36 -0400
Hello to all,
I have just purchased an Alpha 86 amplifier that is supposed to be in like new
condition inside and out and working perfect with full output. This is my first
Alpha amp and I am interested in any pros/cons that I need to be aware of with
this model. I'm courious about all the talk about the PIN diodes being weak in
this one. What if anything do I need to do to protect these from being a
problem? Do I need to keep some spare fuses on hand for this? Any and all help
welcome.

                                                Thanks,Don