Re: [Amps] Alpha service

To: finger@goeaston.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha service
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:05:35 -0400
Dear Bob,

There are members of this group who were principal
factors at Alpha through the years, and each of them,
with their glorious visions, made Alpha the true king
of R.F. Amplifiers.

I've owned Alpha products since the late 'Seventies
and could not agree with you more. If I had the
resources I would do just the same as they.

In talking with several of these folks I learned that
to manufacture, or re-issue a product such as
let's say the 77-Series in this day and age would
be terribly cost-prohibitive. Few could afford to
purchase things that were, at one time, within
the realm of the amateur investor.

However, the Alpha name has been inherited by
a group of Amateur Operators who are still
trying their best. In the several circumstances where I
needed Alpha parts recently, their service was
friendly and fast. I just wish the "magic wand" could
descend on their operation and some magical new
products emerge that were as beautiful and
functional as their former product line.

Hal Mandel
W4HBM

>  My 87A was recently
>  damaged while in transit from Alpha  to me.
> Alpha has picked up the ball and is running with it.  They arranged
> with the carrier for pick up at my place, and are handling the damage
> claim and repair.  My 87A is no longer in warranty.  Excellent service
> such as this must not go unrecognized.  Applause is due to Anthony at
Alpha