Re: [Amps] YC-156 Triode

To: lncarman@swbell.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] YC-156 Triode
From: W6RU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:24:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/2005 5:56:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lncarman@swbell.net writes:

My  filament transformer didn't have a center-tap
so I improvised a B- by using  an artificial centertap made of diodes
connected
to each leg of the  filament's secondary.

This tube is NOT a directly heated cathode. It has a indirectly  heated
cathode ... connection to the cathode is the outside heater  connection. This
is
where you connect the B- through a RF choke to the tube. I  found that any
other
B- connection to this tube will induce hum in the  transmitted signal do to
the AC heater current ending up in series with the  cathode B-.

Terry W6RU